Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yuna confirmed for 2011 World Championships at Moscow


Yuna Kim confirmed for Moscow Worlds


We were wondering how the rescheduling of Worlds might affect the comeback of Olympic champion Yuna Kim. Aside from a little rearranging of schedules, the answer is not much.
Here is a statement from Kim's management about her plans:
SEOUL KOREA, MARCH 25, 2011 - AT Sports, Yuna Kim's management company, announced that Yuna Kim will be competing at the 2011 World Figure Skating Championships that has recently been rescheduled and relocated to Moscow, Russia after the devastating earthquake in Japan.
After the announcement by the ISU on March 24 confirming that Moscow will be hosting the World Championships from April 24 to May 1, Yuna Kim and her management company have been rearranging her schedule so that she can only focus on her training in preparation for the event.
"I've been busy with various engagements in Korea since my return. But I hope to regain my focus and amp up my training so that I can devote my full attention to the World Championships from now on" said Yuna Kim.
"I have great memories of Moscow as I had achieved a new World Record of 133.70 in the long program at the Grand Prix Cup of Russia in 2007. I remember the enthusiastic fans in Russia and I am glad I will be returning to the Megasport Arena." she further explains.
Kim returned to her native country of Republic of Korea on March 20 and has been training at the Taereung Training Center in Seoul, while working with the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics Bidding Committee in efforts to win the bid for the city.

4 comments:

  1. sorry if my comments aren't very helpful, but i don't know nothing about this sport :( is very unpopular in my country, but i do my best just to contribute and comment somethings. i hope Yuna Kim have a great performance in the world championship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Go Yuna! Come check me out, alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog!
    followed

    http://incredible-mo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete